Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Why I (bold italic!) think Gabby Sidibe is a role model.

I saw her interview on Oprah. What is it about Oprah, she always makes me fucking tear up. But anyway, so Oprah asks Gabby about her confidence because that's why people are loving this girl so much, as someone else put it her dynamic personality and genuine confidence. And she says that she wakes up to herself so she has to like herself and she had to have a conversation with herself, finding out what she loved about her. I can very much relate to that. For me, there's always been something that affects other people and I have to love myself as Gabby says regardless of what other people think. And that is actually easy once you get there, it can be, but it's also easy to let the bad thoughts take more time than the good.

And that's why some women including myself do not like women like Jessica Simpson, Scarlett Johansson and other posers. Because to us that is what they are. Everyone has a personality, they have not raped or murdered anyone, they deserve respect but they do not have that dynamic personality. Those two words articulate EXACTLY why I was trying to figure out why I found them a turn off. And I wanted to do that to try and get that message across amongst the sea of macho males shouting "jealous" and "hot" and "not hot."

Gabby can do what she wants..when she poses, it's her personality not just her teeth that brighten up that photo and we will believe in her smile more.


Further reading! http://thefeministafiles.blogspot.com/2010/03/fem-stance-why-i-think-gabby-sidibe-is.html

Yes, exactly, she is saying love YOURSELF. You are not just your physicality. It's like, you wear make up, you dress up, to show your personality not because you're a robot or part of the industry or sheep that play to men..and if you do that, it should be because you want to not because sex sells or that you think your worth lies in sex or attracting it. Sex is part of your nature, it is not the worth of your fucking soul for crying out loud!

The work that you do to keep fit should be for that purpose and not because you are part of society's viscious competitiveness to be a size zero. And how many times have I heard some women say, well men like me curvy like this..why should THAT even be an issue? The day a friend or a partner says you're too thin or too fat or too short or too dumpy or too round to me, is the day I lose them. Bye bye for GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment