Thursday, 11 March 2010

"Questions of science, science and progress could not speak as loudly as my heart"

Nevertheless I do value questions of science and progress. I value all scientific knowledge aside from life on other planets (I just do not care) very highly. So silly introduction aside, I'm thinking about diet. The whole diet, excersise, life style thing, I'm delving deep into that tonight.

My diet is very varied. Though of course, there's plenty of the ol' chicken. (A joke in our family at the moment. Well perhaps forever). Though we are not a family of big eaters by any means, in fact we're pitiful when it comes to portions.

I used to have this food plan but I can't stick to it as I need to sleep on a happy stomach. Damn the days when I lived on Erotica and slept hungry for other things as well as food. I'm the type of person who used to go for days without hardly any food, I don't know who gave me my discipline but boy do I have it (I know, total boast). But if food is in the house, I always feel life is too short to not tuck in and have those tastebuds kick in. COME ON! Fuck the discipline!

But for me, counting calories is a waste of time but I don't mock that system since we all have different ways of measuring things. I just stop eating when I'm full, that's my only measure. And if I feel I have eaten too much, I'll excersise for ten minutes at least afterwards.

It's funny, perhaps because it's been over months but I noticed when I was working out every day and not working and walking and eating less, I noticed how I could tell I dropped a size or two. That's how I measure things since I don't have any other method. I don't own scales, I think they are evil but I do weigh myself when I go to my parents house and yeah if I was overweight, I'd do something about it. Which is to probably go back to my initial routine (I think I ate one weight watchers meal a day with some cereal and fruit for breakfast and dinner- woah exciting! but I liked the progress in my body, for that progress to have achieved something is just peachy for me)..so I'd do this for a fortnight and then slowly, slowly incoporate more food into my diet- that's how I did it before. BUT WHEN I WASN'T WORKING out daily and I was eating three full meals a day, the weight seemed to be falling off faster. Perhaps it just seemed that way, perhaps it was also time, perhaps weight drops off at a tangent, falling off quicker after a certain point, again these are questions of science.

I basically either walk or excersise in the day. I make sure I have a good walk outside for at least an hour everyday. About once a week I don't do anything, just what is starting to be my daily 15 min abs work out (it's really ten). About once a fortnight now, I "work out" ..involving mini stepping OR a mix of belly dancing abs and arms, cardio and warm ups. It really loosens your body up and the cardio I find hard but good. My heart beats like anything after just a few minutes of that- this again once a fortnight.

So my whole food and excersise outlook has changed and I take action when clothes become too tight, but surprisingly (genuine) they have not. Otherwise, I have noticed since my summer of daily work outs, that my arms have become softer, lost their tone but my stomach has suprisingly kept its tone. I think my hips and arse have become softer..so it looks like that's where the food goes. Fine by me, I saw how my hips compared to my waist ..which has also got softer but it's as small as it was in the summer (boast number two). It seems to be how I am built..if living a normal lifestyle.

When I was younger, I mean when I was a child I was normal weight, very healthy, pudgy but not big, big and then as a toddler I can see from photos I really put on weight. Apparently I just liked to sit and play. Or roll around on floors (I was weird) but walking? Not a fascinating thing for my toddler imagination according to my family. I then grew up as a chubby child right through my teens too. Even though I only had one meal a day, I was nearly obese when I was about 10 for some time, but actually I had a lot of energy in my teens. I ran, I played tennis, played hockey, swam, walked A LOT - and this was all daily. And my weight went up and down but I must have dropped one size, my uniform remained the same, perharps just the skirt altered. My lifestyle now is pitiful compared to what I did before. It's just a shame I didn't go through a period of intense self monitoring..because if I had lost weight to the extent I was finally as I am bang middle now in my "correct" weight range and have been for half a year now, (I know it's just a guide but it's the ultimate fuck you to my doctor and those who didn't believe in me), I believe that this energetic, packed daily lifestyle would have changed my body as it has done now, perhaps even more and knowing I can have a strong body would have been beautiful. To achieve your potential = victory for the soul.

And part of me would have wanted to silence the critics and the bullies..no doubt they would have picked on me anyway, in my life there have been no miracles or stand up and salutes or applauses, but it would have felt like they got slapped in the face. Hurrah. But no, well I guess it made me appreciate the voluptuous being I am! I developed early, the whole shebang started and finished when I was 8, I'm not kidding. And since then my body whether up or down has kept similar dimensions in my breasts and arse. Oh and my legs, okay, have always been toned and fantastic especially considering they're so short, it even shocks me, they're perfect..I know I'm boasting again..but of course I've had looks and glares at them, but mostly out of hatred/oh no they're pale.

So yeah actually it's kind of a regret. I'm clearly no butterfly meant to fly around in beauty, and be appreciated. But, I'm healthy. And the science of that? I've kind of figured a routine out..but I still don't know how it works. AND YES IT DOES NOT SPEAK AS LOUDLY AS MY HEART WHICH SAYS WELL DONE!

Ah alas my self indulgent mind boggle and look in to my lifestyle. I'm curious to know what other people of the non Hollywood variety, think about themselves, their histories and also in terms of food and excersise what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment