Wednesday, 24 March 2010

A Pretty In Pink RANT.


Previously titled, IS EVERYONE ON A DIFFERENT PLANET TO ME?!!

Okay first of all, what is with the Blaine or Blayne hate. I mean his name ..poor guy. But he's a good guy. Is that the problem? They're supposed to be all showy. He's kind of quiet, he comes across as passive..but hello? Do you not see that only works in favour of the greatness of Andie? (Okay names..dear God is there a Quirky Name bible I don't know about..what is up with their name-age?)Anyway miss quirky name, she changed him. She brought out the best in him..which only adds to this great character. I wasn't really functioning in the 80s so I knew batshit about Molly Ringwald but her character has become a firm, firm favourite of mine and if she were around now, I'd be in jail arrested for stalking. (Well after Ethan Hawke filed against me. Call me!)

And okay yeah Andie is so great, Blayne..should we just call him Bailey?..didn't deserve her..but she saw this side of him, she saw the real him and I know wah wah get out the violins but his supposed good friend Steph (don't shout omg, I KNOW he's sexy), is a psychopath..(sure onscreen it's safe, in reality he's more thug than twirl moustache baddie..stop stop get that image out of your mind!..)..but ..my point..Bailey hasn't got the best friends in the world.

His mother and father probably beat the shit out of the boy. I get the vibe he thinks he's worthless and only worth his money..and good for him he liked Andie! And good for him he asked her out. I'd be shitting my pants too and being undecisive and awkard if I had Mommy and Daddy beat me every night (look they probably did) and be all "THE BUSINESS SON, THE BUISNESS."

An original idea for Pretty In Pink was to get Robert Downey Jr as Duckie and then Andie would have considered him. Are you KIDDING me?! And I don't mean that as a comment on Downey Jr but on the whole character of Andie and her friendship with the Duck, it would have made a mockery of both. To me that would be just as much of a sell out as they're saying Andie going for the "pretty boy" over the "quirky boy" was. See past the labels!

Omg I'm going to have to play OMD If You Leave really loudly over this hour just to get my blood back to normal!

p.s. I could not disagree more with Diablo Cody for shiz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b2_UMVbFCg

No comments:

Post a Comment