The rest means nothing to me.
I've lost my sense of enthusiasm for them..for a couple of years now. About 5 years ago I would have stayed up and made the effort to watch the show and get those slight weirdly personal feelings you get for who wins what and who doesn't win anything. I don't care anymore. It used to be a classier affair and more I don't know spontaneous..now it looks forced to me. I think 9/11 has A LOT to do with that. And I know how much that has affected the world. It's become vicious and there are hidden and deep feelings which people aren't letting out along with the shallow acts of revenge and violence they are. I'm writing how I see things.
It would have been glorious if Precious had won best movie, Gabby Sidibe best actress for getting in touch with a character who 's been really abused in every sense of the word and doing it in such a natural non showy yet classy and vibrant way. To me she was better than Carey Mulligan and yes Meryl Streep. Now Sandra Bullock..I'll see her performance and then I'll comment fully of course but I sort of think of her a typical type of performer..sort of like Julia Roberts talented, very talented but to me not that exciting. Not as exciting as Nicole Kidman I feel has it in her and definitely not as exciting as Naoimi Watts. But perhaps she was just the best in The Blind Side?
So for me the awards highlights are not the dresses, my God that's a pet peeve of mine, please enough of the frills and pouting - I think it's too much, too excessive, but the John Hughes tribute- thank you Liz for that. As well as Monique getting a standing ovation. See, the thing about Monique is she's not afraid and you watch that performance in Precious, my God can you imagine anyone else doing that? Not that many female especially white (yup that old chestnut) actors spring to mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment