It's one thing to be part of a club, another to copy. I can understand being inspired by another human in whichever way but get a group of people under one roof they become so influenced by others, they start looking around as if their life depended on it. I wish I could get why it's so important to fit in and why so called rebels really are genuine but I have seen so much prejudice and I've seen significant examples of a dependant society.
That's why people get pigeonholed.
And it's why some celebrities even exist and how about models? That idea is so silly but people..women as well just buy into that. I still to this day don't understand why Rosie O Donnel or Kelly Osbourne are not attractive. So what they don't fit tall and skinny? I've heard the argument that it's the person who comments about others who is really commenting on themselves but how does that make the idea of a model any less silly? Or the certain ideals.
And that's just one ideal..what about the marriage and family expectations for women? Our sex lives? What about who we are as humans?
I've seen many nauseating and disgusting examples of expectations be it high or low or certain kinds..each designed for CERTAIN people. As if we're worth different things and amounts as humans.
I don't know any 80 year old whom I admire. People who have had 80 years to live their life and learn, really learn, yet I don't see they have learned all that much. And I'm not even talking about those ones who have become bitter on the whole.
There's so much crap in this world and there is so much crap we all take, some of us more so. But wouldn't it be great to get to 80 years and say my God they tried and it's been tested but I'm still as enthusiastic as I was when I was 8? Naive. Silly. No, those are the people in my opinion who have been themselves and lived their life as free from restriction as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment