I'm not on Cloud 9 about it but I think that's to do with me, in fact it is to do with me. I had a good time watching it. I just got the Erin Brockovich vibe from this and I preferred that movie. But The Blind Side is a simple tale and for that I appreciate it. It was an inspiring story but the movie itself was too family friendly for me. That's where I say that's to do with me..I find I like more and more,the edgy movies. I don't mean the too cool for school and shaky camera bullshit, I just love movies that push me in some way..I'm selfish like that and I have no qualms in saying it, for you have to be selfish in life to get what you want.
Sandra Bullock is always good. I was actually reminded of her character in the movie Two Weeks Notice, her mannerisms,her comic timing are perfect. However, to win an Oscar over Gabby Sidibe or Abby Cornish..I don't get it. And I don't have to, it's cool.
Sandra Bullock is like Julia Roberts except Roberts has edgier taste in movies, they're both stars of the cinema. It was a pitch perfect performance, absolutely pitch perfect but this is Sandra Bullock, she tends to always give a spot on performance, it's just the material of her past movies hasn't been so great, never mind Oscar material, think Robert Downey Junior in Tropic Thunder, but her movies fail her. I thought she was amazing as Harper Lee in Infamous, had she a bigger part she should have got nominated for that.
I fail to see why people have a problem with Twilight and view it as a dumb franchise but they're eating up The Blind Side. I just don't like boundaries and rules..The Blind Side is a feel good, well made movie but it's not astonishing and it's not going to be in my dreams. The story of Big Mike however IS astonishing. I'm going to look this guy up as well as the actor who played him, to me his face was cinema gold, amazing, but I'm not in a rush to watch all the Sandra Bullock movies ever made or see what her next project is, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment