"Actress Gabourey Sidibe will not be appearing in Vogue magazine any time soon, PopEater reports. Industry insiders had some harsh words for the talented young star. One remarked, "She's a joke in the fashion community. What she wore on the red carpet at the Academy Awards wasn't a dress, it was a tent."
Another explained, "Vogue is venue where designers debut their best new pieces. All of which are one of a kind and sample size. It would be impossible to get a regular-sized girl in those clothes, let alone Gabby."
No one from Vogue has publicly commented."
This will be my reply,
Dear Vogue,
I have a couple of questions for you,
Do you sometimes go on the subway, (or is that like farting to you?), and close your eyes, taking away the ghastly dressed human beings and pretend they are perfectly dressed, coiffed and porcelain marbled, tall, stick thin mannequins?
I am just wondering if you believe in the concept of humans first or do you believe in clothes first and then the human?
If a girl comes to your office and does not fit any of the ideals or anything it is *sigh* "okay" to be, is she a waste of your time? After all you ONLY sell fashion and heaven forbid there should be a change.
Is your magazine made out of blood? Is your office filled with little Anna Wintours? Is it just a little team of wasps and bees? I find that I can not picture you as human beings after saying you'd never feature Gabourey Sidibe in your magazine. It's not that you have offended my opinion of this fabulous young woman but the fact she's someone you immediately turn your polished and priveleged nose at. Can she not evolve if she is so indeed lacking in terms of fashion? For the sake of my sanity, I wouldn't even dare venture to ask your opinion on her beauty.
I also found your describing her as a joke, not only inhumane but ghastly. My first reaction that the colour of her, your word; "tent," looked beautiful on her and I liked the detail on it. The girl could wear sweats well. If someone tells me she could do better in terms of dresses I would agree, because there's probably dresses out there I don't know of. But for a first time Oscar attendee I thought she scrubbed up more than well as the old saying goes.
I don't read your magazine because it's too costly for me but the one time I did pick it up, I didn't feel alienated because you had featured the work of the fabulous and what seems to be beautiful human being photographer Nick Knight. I formed a judgement of your publication, that it was classy. But I go back on that, the people in your office seem anything but. I can understand differences of opinion, differences of having a degree in fashion compared to a lay person, but I can not understand why you would need to call a woman a joke whether relating that to fashion or not,
Glad to be in a different world to you, may the divide increase,
No comments:
Post a Comment