Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Tina Fey.


"Who says women aren't funny?"

Men? Other women? You Vanity Fair you? I don't know but you could have come up with something better than that.

I think Tina Fey is super..super talented, super funny, smart and an all rounder. I can't help but say you go girl when she's doing the sexy thing for a magazine, because I know she's not taking it seriously, in a way she's kind of laughing at it even when the photo doesn't show the humour. And I think she's laughing also at the way her sexuality is referred to as "the librarian" or the "cute teacher," I like role play as much as the next person but to be referred to as sexy in that sort of way is so limiting and that is so typical of society. Put things and people in boxes, know what I mean?

Sexuality to me comes from the mind, it's all how you think of yourself in there which is why it's important to not pay attention to anyone else. I'm trying to become super woman and block out other people's reactions.

I have pigmentation on my skin at the moment, pink scars on my face and when I read that Tina's barely noticeable line of a scar is creating a hoo haa, I'm less and less bothered to stay away from people, screw them if they can't deal with minor things like this. And she says she doesn't talk about her scar because it would be exploited. I know what she means. You work to get somewhere and then it's oh let's patronise you because you have a ..drum roll, flaw. It's a mark of surviving violence but I know people only look at the superficial and it would become exploited thanks to them. There would even be the cliches like oh she became a funny woman because of that scar, I heard it all before this is how people's thoughts come across in publications and their reactions.

So you may as well have fun being yourself and put yourself out there no matter what they think.

Sometimes I want to print what happens to me each day, get it out there and move on but I should be moving on anyway. I don't want to use My Diary as a therapy session, I want to have my actions stronger than words and prove to myself that yes other people really do not matter and despite what they say or you doubt, I can make myself stronger in that respect.

Walking Tall and Laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment