Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Inspired.


The other day I was looking at some of those edgy lace up sandal shoes thing whatevers that are all the rage. I bought some. But they just don't look that pretty compared to the more traditional peep toe type sandals which I love. My point, know what you like and ignore fashion.

I am really very inspired by Dita Von Teese's look. I hate that none of my old skirts fit to me the extent getting them altered would be more expensive than just buying one or two. I wish I had the budget to afford more clothes like Von Teese's. I love her look. It's a little mumsy to those used to seeing edgy and the constant focus on looking younger but to me she looks soft and pretty.

Also having jet black hair myself and seeing the focus on lighter hair most of the time, is another reason I like Von Teese. She's shaped her hair fantastically and it doesn't look forced, there's a bit of the school marm about it but that only fuels my fantasies of being such a lady..

I'm also going to write a short story later on which I have been inspired to write after reading Sweet Caroline. That book did not disappoint. For months I have been waiting for this and when I read it, I could see on how similar a wavelength Buck and Caroline were on. Everything in that book was so natural and I knew the author Lissa Matthews would create something like this because she does write incredibly naturally as well as having that raw sex and sensuality to her books, and this one just totally confirmed all this. My, I love Buck and Caroline.

I hope that I get my dvd of The Exploding Girl soon. It looks dreamy, I think it's perfect for the mood sunny days can put one in. You know, I'm really grateful for this FLIPPING GREAT weather we've been having.

Ah me.

No comments:

Post a Comment