Sunday, 25 April 2010

Some kind of movie mania


Funny but the sunshine only makes me want to see movies more,

I have a HUNGER for them right now. I MUST see the following. This isn't just a crappy girly list, this is do or die. I'm serious jerks.

(Joke).

1. Strictly Ballroom. This is the only Baz Luhrman movie I love, for the characters of Scott and Fran. And Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps by Doris Day is one of my favourite songs.

2. The Exploding Girl. I have ordered the dvd for rental. I loved the trailer. I'm also obsessed with the music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON3cmZ8pLvc

3. When A Man Loves A Woman. I love Meg Ryan in this. Andy Garcia plays probably the sexiest husband ever. He's so gentle with her, giving, he's too gentle sometimes but that's what happens when you're in love. The movie captures when a man loves a woman perfectly. It's drama comes from Meg's character's problem with alcohol and her life is falling apart despite her solid marriage and Tina Majorino is so beautifully sad in this movie as her daughter. The scene where Meg hits her, I really saw the emotions in both actress' faces.

And movies I'm not so obsessed with, Picture Perfect. Yup. I don't know I just really like Jay Mohr in this one.

And

Daybreakers. Ethan Hawke topless. Naked man chest. Respectable, career, investigative of nature (!) guy. MMMMMMMM! Out end of May. Since I no longer have a thing for pretty guys, I don't mind wanting to fuck him in the movie, it's more fun than longing. (I think I've gone and grown up).

No comments:

Post a Comment