Saturday, 10 April 2010

They tried to get me published, I say no, no, no.

Or maybe, maybe, maybe.

Look, the fact is I do not care if I have offended every single publisher on earth and have thrown of any chance of getting published- for the past few months, I haven't even talked to a publisher out of my choice and basically do not have an interest in being published. Unless they were to offer me a thousand pounds...I'd pay my parents back for crap I've bought and then I'd be out of the contract as soon as it ended but if it was a lifetime contract, I'd turn down the money.

It was never a goal for me to be a published writer. I need to write, I do it because I've got to do it. For me blogging is the way to go, giving people my stories for free. A part of me loves it when authors get their work in print, there IS something beautiful about seeing your characters on a feel it in your hands page and rubbing your hands over the cover of the book and the smell of books (yes I'm mad, so?). But it's not a goal for me and I have to wonder, was it ever? I am ambitious when it comes to what I want but there is in fact little that I want though I say I want it all- I think I mean all mostly when it comes down to perverted things and the general happiness of life and stuff. As for success, being a succesful writer is indeed something- it means lots of people can relate your books and or they love them. But the idea of making a lot of money out of it- why does that bug me a little? Maybe it's because I have a slight poor little rich girl attitude; I've never once been without money. And yes I appreciate it that though I'd appreciate it more and have more hunger and motivating fear in my ambition if I were poor. So I think peace and harmony are more important that money and materials though they can inspire you and you can use them. After all here I am typing on my computer..if I didn't have this, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Good and bad.

So if someone called me and said you're published. Would I say no? I'd go along with it with no expectancy and no long term binding contract. I do not want to be bound to what could turn out to be corruption. I've heard the stories and I wonder about the publishing world I really do.

My issue is with them as well as the famous authors who get published. There's one person, an actor I admire and you know, he his book published and part of me thinks, okay, really you want to see your work in print or you wanted to get some infamy? Because I have this weird thing where I kind of trust him and his passion for the written word, I'd go for the former on this even though his publishers and Amazon probably thought Happy Birthday to us!

Oh man, it's some world we live, eh. But don't print me on it.(Was too easy).

No comments:

Post a Comment