Perhaps it's better to do nothing. From past experience I've learned that is certainly better than making an effort..because those efforts don't work and make the problem worse. Again, I have some sort of hard lump and surrounding redness on my face. I could see it forming earlier this week, I could feel it even, out of curiosity I may have put pressure on it, it's clearly very sensitive and the surrounding redness is because it's tender as hell. The lump is just so hard, different to your average pimple, and I've had this type of lump before.
With a cream it takes 2 weeks to heal and causes more redness, without the cream it takes 3 weeks if not a month and I don't get the redness. I'm likely to go without the cream, it's not getting worse, I hope, but it's not getting any better.
Everytime I get ready, it goes redder, evreytime I get undressed, the same. It just need to be left the hell alone. I was using bio oil on my previous scar that this lump is right next to (which may helped my scar or maybe simply time helped it) but I'm not using bio oil anymore since I don't know if this has spread an infection. I now have a dark pink blotch on a sallow, pale cheek- which is what tends to happen to me.
I 've been diagonosed differently three times and two times out of four, a cream has made things worse.
I have something on my upper chest too which I assume is a red boil.. I'm not sure if this whole thing could be adult chicken pox. I'm assured I have had chicken pox before ..though not by my parents who don't remember anything.
I wonder if it's shingles. I'm not a hyprochondriac but I do often research these things on the net. You see, it takes HOURS to get a diagnosis which may or may not be right one from the hospital and days to get an appointment at my locoal doctors and again, they may not be right. On top of this, and I blog this because I wonder if it's related; I seem to have broken out into tiny little white filled pimples on my hairline- which could be because of my hair product, all 2 of them and I don't use much but there was one point where I did..if could even be shampoo because my skin and hair are just different and weird. (That's probably why I never grow my hair, it just looks like a big round shag growing out before down).
I know there is something in my blood and if I take antibiotics, it takes a week anyway to calm the place down but the lump will still be there, without the antibiotics it's the same story too.
Unless I'm contagious, which is why I was looking on the internet then I just do not have will to go to the hospital. I'm hoping I can just take my mind of it now and let it- well not get worse. It takes 3 weeks to heal but I hope the lump at least gets less sore- you'd be amazed how long that takes, because it's not a pimple it's something else, it doesn't act like a usual spot, it just stays inflamed.
I deal with the exact same issue you're talking about!!! I have always thought they were more of a cyst. But, unfortunately I have never found anything that works to get rid of them. I was told by a doctor I finally trusted, that it's an extreme form of folliculitis. Which is an inflamation of hair follicles and pores. The only relief seems to be antibiotics but it's only temporary. I have never found relief! I have noticed that it gets worse when I have lots of sugar and/or more yeasty products thanusual! If you find anything else out, let me know! I hope we can whip this thing!!! I'm sick of the pain and grossness and now the scars!!!
ReplyDeleteLiz, I ALWAYS get scars too- no matter if the treatment is succesful or not. But the scars get infected or absolute blood red as opposed to pink when I made the mistake in the past of trying to burst a spot. I feel the same as you, I think mine is a cyst..or more of a cyst. It's certainly no ordinary pimple. When i looked at it this morning, i found it still hadnt decreased in size - been 5 days now- but there seems to be SOME white/yellow stuff which is very faint, its not a head though. I'm still not going to burst it because it's hard and yesterday was painful when i even touched it. I have in vain taken ibuprofen 400 mg to help ease inflammation but i know thats about 20 percent chance of working and i borrowed some of my sisters benzoyl peroxide 5 % which is strong and lets see what it does, im curious to know. In the past borrowing other peoples creams has been more or less non eventful, i always get these stubborn cyst like things- bang on my fricking cheek, not even to the side, just bang there! I was on a website and someone said theyd much rather have 100 spots which didnt stick out like having one. It sounds vain but I know what they mean. Antibiotics dont always work for me because i think i may have become resistant to amoxycillin and erythromycin. I have also reduced the snacks i eat so i only eat whenim starving but since im not going out until i have to I can only rely on pasta and bread as a way to not starve. I've been looking on the net for answers but the messages are mixed, someone said Differin was good. I'm too past it to care, i just can not be bothered to sit there for 2 hours and then have to take a taxi to the pharmacy. I will keep you informed and also if I hear anything else which may help either of us.
ReplyDeleteIt really does suck! Once upon a time, Tetracycline worked for me. I was given it again a few years ago but it has stopped working, you could give that a try. I would really like to know the root of these painful things so we no longer have to deal with them! I get those things on different parts of my body!!! Really, really sucks!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, these are SUCKY SUCKY things. (my sister and I are very fond of that word but not the action or thing it applies to!) I have been reading SO MUCH during the last two days about acne, cysts, nodular, eczema, my brain is confused, truly there are so many mixed messages and its probably bcos what works for one person doesnt for another. The problem i have is that i would probably need a prescription for Tetracycline and thats not possible without waiting a week- my nearest doctor has taken me off file for some unknown reason and now if i become a newly registered patient then i have to wait a week and by then it would be at healing stage at leasrt- we'll see. The other problem is my skin is SO sensitive AND yesterday when i put benzoyl peroxide not only did it not lessen the bump or take away any redness, it made the bump bigger; it looks like i have a pore problem and they get clogged very easily despite my being very careful and tender.
ReplyDeleteI'll tell you what I did today, something yr not supposed to do later on in the post because I've gone into detail. Hey may as well be completely honest. I know what you mean by getting to the root. I am booking myself in with a dermatologist and a nutrionist..but im going to wait because I just cant have someone inspecting my skin at the worst stage at the moment. I can't deal with that on top of other stuff. Like you say, I want to get to the root of the problem and not some temporary antibiotic which doctors are quick to prescribe. If you go back to them and say it didnt work they then tell you oh you might be resistant to it..but if you ask if you could be resistant to it beforehand, they just give it you anyway. I have given up with non specialist doctors and I hate waiting in the surgery on my own with people around me. I HATE it, i would much rather suffer in silence and yesterday i did that; I was in a really bad way. I'll keep you informed of when I go and what they say and we can share what we find out. I also will post some pics of myself to you soon, bcos we need to see what we each have to really get to the root of it. Its not great but its necessary I feel.
Today here's what I did; i did what you're not supposed to do; burst the spot. I did this after steaming. White stuff came out which im fairly sure is buildup from that benzoyl and some savlon the day before (even though i washed the savlon which I find is oily too, off after 5 minutes) and then i pressed the spot till a whole lot of white stuff just burst out and some blood came along with the pressure. Then it just wept and has been for an hour and now I have very clear liquid coming out and of course that place has gone from dark pink to blood red. But I feel some relief. It's swollen but maybe Im delusional in thinking it's not as big as yesterday or maybe the blood red makes other things stand out less.
Over a few nights I hope the redness will go and the swelling I'm sure will take a week to go just a little. I've put a plaster over the spot so i don't touch it. I'm annoyed with myself but I knew it was coming; i just cant leave me alone. I'll get a scar but I don't care, ive already got them on my face, theve just faded with time and possibly bio oil though i am in two minds about that product; its too oily.
I'm also thinking of throwing the savlon out or hiding it. In the past it may work for insct bites but it clogs pores and makes spots bigger for me.
p.s. I've made sure the only savlon that is near is near a sink- so i wash my face and hands if i put it on and so im not always putting it on. Im not touching that place till Monday when I have to go out and even then if a blood red scab wants to form, I should let it. I now have another lump on the other side of my face- i learnt my lesson, no fiddling, i clearly have skin that clogs, bruises easily. I've also made sure I only have one mirror in my room, it wasnt my idea to have more than one and thats only for to see what im doing. Another lesson learned; look at your whole face when you look at your face. There may be one, two, three, 4 and more spots which are 1cm, 2, you get the message big but you have eyes, lips, nose, and hair! So spots are not yr face despite giving the appearance of it when you look at them in the mirror. I sound so obsessive but I do have my reasons to which I say ignore the TSTL people!
ReplyDeletepps I am keeping a skin diary on this blog. its under the newest post of a skin diaryish type of title. And ill be doing this everyday. When i see a specialist about my skin i want my facts straight but ill be seeing them later on this year.
ReplyDelete