Tuesday, 6 April 2010

That's it, in my next life I'm coming back as a man.

Everytime I see one they make me SICK. Movies with men are 100, 100 times more interesting to me than those about women. Not all of us are tender little souls who put on a whimpering voice when distressed, we have blood running through our veins too! So why doesn't Girl Interrupted have that same raw ENERGY as One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest? I feel shortchanged by men and women. I feel really pissed off I'm a woman. Even the control freak sadist Nurse Ratched I feel would be portrayed differently if the movie had more females in it. I've seen it happen before.

Mona Lisa Smile compared to Dead Poets Society and yes I do compare, there's was this SOPPY subplot in MLS. And women are either sluts or "fat" virgins; GET REAL. That's not my reality and I know I'm not the only one.

And speaking of Girl Interrupted, Jolie was good but compare her to Nicholson, he gives a chilling performance and it's just so confident and graceful, yes even despite his character, graceful, I would have loved to see Jolie directed better, pushed harder, whatever she just didn't do it for me, which I hate because I prefer women to men. But men have a better deal in this world, eye roll I'm sure, but it's true and you know it, we just can't say anything because we're supposed to be so goddamned serene and feminine all the time. Fucking men and women.

No comments:

Post a Comment