(a letter I will be submitting)
Thank you for telling me that Kelly Osbourne has been voted one of the most beautiful people in the world by People magazine. I know you put your stories in there for a reason and mostly I see the reason as ghastly comments from your readers. In this case, the readers have been so constantly nasty I will never, ever visit your website or pick up your paper. I know this won't come as a shocking loss to you because there are so many viscious people out there who will comment on your website again and again.
I would probably die from social phobia if your publication was the only access I had to the world outside, it's not just the comments that appear on the articles, it's the sensationlist articles you print and your own superifical statements within them. I would quote examples but I quite frankly block out negativity which is cold and useless like I have seen on DM. It's neither entertaining, never mind original I don't think I've even raised a part of my lip when I read your articles. I like to go on there mostly to get ideas and I do like news that Kelly has been voted one of the most beautiful people. I think that celebrates the fact you don't have to be 6 ft tall, with breasts pointing out, spend ages on volumising or extensioning hair and have a cosmetic enhanced glow or tan, to me it's People recogonising Kelly's beautiful skin and lovely wide set and bowed lips not to mention her eyes, her short and shapely body like a natural woman's and not someone who had lipo or has ribs showing through their skin.
I was disgusted by the comments left on that article. It went beyond school boy taunts, it was mean and cold. I think it's passive aggressive and I think people ought to grow out of that when they leave their teenaged years behind. I can see that your publication is for the mean and cold and narrowminded so I'll say farewell. I can get my ideas elsewhere and try something new. There was no one to say that whilst Kelly moved in her own way, not perfecting each society called flaw, but getting on with her life and dealing with her problems, she of course like any human being who hasn't shunned the world and become bitter, was happy to hear the news of People acknowledging her beauty. Oh yes, of course she's a celebrity and she's been on a show and she has things to sell and it's publicity but to have such a poll and to have a normal and beautiful woman included in that, I think is good news.
I know your website submits only some comments but I see mostly nasty ones.
Well said!
ReplyDeleteAww thank you! Now I just have to get those addresses..
ReplyDelete