By broadening your mind, keeping your opinions open and seeing the real world. People are suffering, barely existing sometimes and the rest of the stuff (that's exactly what it is, just stuff) I'm reading about and seeing at the moment showing how superficial, shallow and biased the world is bullshit.
I watched this movie Ordinary People. Well, I love that movie. When I was watching it, Conrad who's going through depression (oh by the way just a western world self indulgence..of course- you can't understand therefore doesn't exist..right?) says twice in some way that it's always someone's fault or what's the point. He either blames himself or someone else and his dad says you have to stop doing that. It's not always someone's fault. I was thinking how one can come to realisations and make it their world. The thing is not to. The thing is to keep an open mind. Don't come to epiphanies because they don't allow you to broaden your world.
Wrong and right? Well, I want to read something and it will infuriate me and I'll get nightmares and that anger will come out in them but I want to still believe there is some good out there. Not because I have to to exist. I don't believe strongly in life itself..I believe in making the most of it. I'm trying to do that. In small steps. I could try harder, sure. So I want to think there are humans who would laugh at something stupid containing a pinch of truth but getting across the truth in such a way it's utterly sensationalist, like the idea that what men think is so important. How sick is that idea? How dependant and powerless is that to us women? Aren't we individuals on our own?
So I'm not going to get angry anymore. This is just some tabloid garbage pushing buttons. Is this the truth? And more importantly does it really matter to me? Because strength lies in keeping a broad mind. And a broad mind is when you have your beliefs and others have theirs and it doesn't make you claustrophobic. That you can be enthusiastic and not weary or cynical.
So I know people have insecurities, prejudices and hatreds but if I want to truly live I won't hate them.
No comments:
Post a Comment