Friday, 15 January 2010

Haiti.

This is the true definition of a disaster. Lives are literally and immediately taken and the land is devasted. There are people made homeless in a second. I guess when you donate here, the aid is urgent and vital. It is needed even more quickly than aid for cancer or homeless in our own country.

However I don't really want to have people who get famous through sex tapes telling me I should do something. That really pisses me off but of course I shouldn't be a petty little child and just donate the money no matter who is telling me. That's not important; who is telling me. I suppose every human being also has to see their own state of affairs. If you are struggling financially and you still donate money then well that is awesome. Unless you want to please yourself or someone else. I know this blog post is stupid..don't tell me it's not because I know it is; I'm writing when I should be posting links how to donate and talking about my own issues and being completely selfish but I just hate it when people have time for people they don't know but don't have time for those who are local or those they do know. And how they pretend to know everything about those selling to get money to buy their lunch for the day. Or the pretend knowledge over the charities's corruption.

I did get stopped in the street the other day. Give money to British Red Cross. And when I explained I didn't have money of my own they simpley urged me to give money. I walked off saying thank you but no thank you for your deaf ears. Whatever happened to charity workers having some humanity and really listening to the person you are ASKING (the key word being ask) for aid??

But when there is a disaster I feel you should give. And ignore your own issues. When someone is dying immediately, you help no matter what. Ignore the pushy (understatement) charity workers. Ignore the blonde who made a sex tape and just give. Because we humans need to help each other. And you give even if no one will help you. Complain (rather then keep it in and become bitter) but give.

I don't believe in the idea one person is born to do good like a Mother Teresa. We should all be helping. You become good not just one person is born special and we should leave it all to them.

So I'll read what exactly has happened just now (yes it's taken me this long, a little thing called insomnia and looking after someone) and then give to Haiti today. I just won't be giving to British Red Cross until I get sorted financially. I think you should be able to discriminate between issues or you will just be trod on no matter how much the label of being selfless is glamourised.

No comments:

Post a Comment