would be waking up to Beethoven's Piano Concerto Number 5. Through my blinds, there would not be that much sunlight from outside. I wash, dress and I hear Beethoven's tune in my mind. When I go outside, the sun shines brightly and it's the first day of Summer. It's May. It's getting warm in the air by midday. The lake reflects the light beautifully. I feel like I did last June, July. I feel like I have yet to discover something too. I am wearing red nail varnish because it is the liveliest colour nearest my skin. One person smiles at me.
I walk the fastest and lightest I have ever walked in a town where everyone wanders through the hazy afternoon. It would be a shame to let it pass by.
Near 4 o clock, there is a movie made for television that I manage to catch just in time and the light breaks through the big glass as I struggle to see the images on screen. It reminds me a little of when I was nineteen.
I sit in the balcony taking in the last of the sun. It gets cold so I go in. I pass time. There are phone calls. My mother. Father. Sister. Grandmother. Or it once was like this.
I want to dance. The blinds are open, the windows lit and the speakers intense as I move around. I go to bed and look out at the night sky.
The next day it isn't like this. But I remember the last so clearly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeg69d3CQ8
No comments:
Post a Comment