Sunday, 10 January 2010

Poser.

I was watching the trailer for Fishtank and it got me thinking about chavs. In case you don't know, it's English slang for basically someone who is called common, said with much disdain. Chavs have a certain dress code. Hoods for the girls and boys. Gold loop earrings for the girls and slashed vest tops over tummies either full with baby or food. Boy chavs give off a intimidating presence. I've noticed that whilst people tend to mock chavs, look at me seperating the two, and chavs mock people, there seems to be a very poser type status in society. Social order is all about posing. It's all about wearing the right stuff. And what is the right stuff? What is fitting in with how someone else wants you to look? To me that's just being a big poser.

I looked into a window on Friday and saw these three chavs. Girls. I thought one of them was pretty, I liked how she did her hair so I looked. So what, if something catches your eye, look. Turns out she got her friend to join in her staring at me. She seemed to have noticed me before I noticed her. And then the other chav joined in. Their faces like three over eye lined tan aloholic (yeah I'm fucking angry) witches are imprinted in my mind along with taunts of "snob" (what because I don't dress to your trend?), minger (chav talk for "ugly") and this girl same culture as me so ready to befriend others and only the trendy Indian girls who basically told me i was level minus 18 on the social order status when I was only 11 years old.

Fucking bullshit. If I see those bullshitters again I'll laugh. SO help me I'm sick of having to supress my emotion because of shock at their antics. I'm gonna laugh now. I'll be the girl who laughs at it all.

One book I'm into right now is Catcher in The Rye. I think why I hated it the first time I read it was because I thought Holden Caulfied was an enormous gigantic douche. The words of that book so strong and definite in style, the rhythm so set - the book and character is uncompromising. You can really love it and also you can hate it. But I give the boy props; he was a strong character and it didn't ever fade out or give in and I actually don't think he was a phoney ultimately at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment