I have something to say about it so for each reason, I've typed what I have to say.
32 surprising reasons men call it quits
By Jane Hoskyn
“It’s easier for girls,” so the saying goes – because it’s supposedly much easier to catch and keep a man than it is to pull a woman. Oh yeah? Tell that to the woman who’s just been dumped on the grounds that she has a strange toenail, or because she bought a pink phone.
The truth is that men are far pickier than their reputation suggests. The gents themselves often don’t even know what turns them off a girl who, just a fortnight before, could seem to do no wrong.
We asked a group of men to explain why they’d given their girls the elbow, and here’s what they told us. Fasten your seatbelts, ladies.
1. “I was on the phone to a girl I’d been seeing for a few weeks. We got into a disagreement about something trivial, and she hung up on me. I was furious – it was like she’d hit me in the face. I never rang her again.”
You don't need bullshit in your life, I understand, things are hectic enough but if you had any feelings for her, whether of love or not, as a human being wouldn't you have called her or left a message saying that whilst you disagreed on the topic, you just wanted to clear the air a little between you two whether she wants to speak to you again or not? It's not about chivalry, it's about being the adult and that doesn't mean scoring points, it means being some kind of evolved human being.
2. “She always wore foundation on her face, including first thing in the morning. Her skin was fine underneath it – a couple of spots but nothing major. But she had this compulsion to wear foundation. It was massively unsexy.”
I think men don't understand women and make up. It is possible she may have skin issues, even if just a few spots as you so kindly specify. She may have appearance issues or she may just want to look her best. It may not be her best according to you, but if it makes her get on with her life, feel okay with herself, then I seriously wonder that you would have to dump her for this. Feeling comfortable in one's skin doesn't necessarily mean keeping it bare and it could just be that her make up routine is like her tooth brushing routine. If she wears it all day when only you both are at home and she knows you both are at home all day, then she has issues, so why not get some humanity and be there for her? No one is perfect, do you just want perfection? Maybe you have issues that need to be dealt with too.
3. “I cooked her a curry one night and she only ate a tiny bit because she was on a diet. Dumped.”
Diets, diets, diets. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't. Sometimes a woman wants to improve herself for no other reason than for improving herself. That in itself doesn't make her an obsessive control freak. Sometimes there might be other reasons involved and she may have obsessive or control issues.
She at a tiny bit of your curry, she didn't refuse it altogether. Maybe it took some persuading on your part. Maybe you're a terrible cook. Maybe she lied a little or all together about the diet thing. I once read a quote, that went a little like this, I'm not really into that but if you are, I'd be willing to try it for you. That's what lovers do.
Was this the final straw in your relationship?
Is your ego so big?
4. “She had actual conversations with her cat while I was there.”
She loves her cat. She may be crazy. She may just be an animated person or have a level of comfort around something or and someone and she let her barriers down.
5. “I dumped my ex as soon as she started acting like more of a lad than I did. I’ve nothing against swearing as such, but it’s not nice if a girl swears all the time. It made her seem thick.”
A question I've been wanting to ask, why didn't you talk to her about it? Maybe she had a motive or maybe she wants to seem thick or is, it may not be part of an act or it may just be her letting her hair down.
And maybe this could have been the ticket to a good old fashioned spanking?
6. “I had to do all the talking on our dates. Maybe she thought that she was doing herself a favour by keeping her mouth shut, but I prefer women to talk too much than too little. I don’t want to do all the work.”
This I can understand. What was her body language and her eye contact like? Did she loosen up a little? Sometimes asking her would have been too much hard work or there just was no spark? This is different to already being in a relationship.
7. “She kept failing her driving test and I was fed up being her chauffeur.”
Was she using you? Or taking advantage of this side? Differentiate between the two, think about what you two had.
8. “She slept in a night dress.”
This must mean she is the devil incarnate.
9. “When I first met her she was wearing a fairly loose T-shirt and she looked great, but once we started seeing each other she was always in figure-hugging clothes. I’m not a chauvinist – a woman can wear what she likes – but I don’t find tight clothes at all attractive.”
Are you gay? Okay seriously, maybe it was her way of not impressing you per se but just being feminine or her version of feminine around you. She was making an effort, if you didn't like it, did you see the effect it had on her? Did you notice a change in her behaviour or was she still the same? IS communication completely dead? Were you jealous when she wore the tight clothing, did she get looks from other men?
10. “She ironed my boxer shorts.”
Well maybe they needed ironing after the times she had to wash them to get your skid marks out. Or maybe she was doing something nice or had neat issues. You can still love someone with issues, or can you?
11. “About two weeks after we moved in together she started wearing jogging bottoms around the house. The second she got in from work, on they went. She actually looked quite sexy, but I didn’t like what it meant – it was way too cosy.”
It looks to me that her work clothes were too binding. Sometimes putting on a pair of pajamas is just like taking your shoes off in the house. You moved in together and you're complaining about cosy? I'd shove those pajamas right up your
12. “She cut her beautiful hair short.”
And so you weren't attracted to her anymore? I can understand that you may have to work hard to be attracted to her even though it's not like her nose and eyes swapped sides. Sometimes one has to evolve past their romantic notions. It's a little like a woman dreaming of tall dark handsome Prince Charming and not realising she's falling in love with a bald, kind of short man. Love just happens, you know? Or maybe you don't.
Were you in this relationship for the sex only? Even so; maybe you'd have been there when her hair grew out. Seeing something like that can actually be a turn on.
So did you think she looked like a man and that took away her femininity?
Or did you think this haircut threatened your sexuality?
13. “She pointed out that I’d put on weight.”
To be honest, I need to know more about his and I'm on the fence on this one anyway.
14. “My girlfriend stopped keeping any secrets from me. It was like I’d become her best female friend, and she told me everything – things her mum said, period pains, workmate stuff. Too much information for me.”
Did you tell her this before you dumped her?
15. “She was funnier than me.”
You're a degenerate.
16. “She never bought me dinner. At first I wanted to pay for our dates because it made me feel like more of a man, but there comes a point where you want her to stump up too. It never happened.”
Maybe she noticed you felt more of a man? Again, is communication fucking dead nowadays?!
17. “I was on a mate’s stag weekend and got back to find that my girlfriend had re-organised all my DVDs. That was pretty much my sole reason for ending it, and I haven’t regretted it.”
She re organised your DVD's. Movies are a big passion of mine but if someone did this for me, as someone once re organised my wardrobe I can understand the invasion issue, and see when it comes to dvds it could be more about control than just a reorganisation..maybe she was doing something nice, maybe it was more. But they are DVD's
18. “I finished with a girl because she couldn’t go out anywhere without completely over-dressing. Even if we were going round a friend’s house, she had to put on make-up and blow-dry her hair. It must have been really hard work being her.”
I love to blow dry my hair, put on jewellry, lip stick, wear pretty things, I like the glamour, maybe my life will be glamorous, I'm high maintenance but I maintain myself and don't want anyone paying my bills and my partner can wear what he wants. I also have a good head on my shoulders. See where I'm going with this? Maybe your girlfriend had just had this side to her like I do.
19. “My ex was late for absolutely everything. It’s not even like she spent ages getting ready to go out. She just had this mental thing where she wouldn’t leave the house until she was too late to meet me on time. It drove me insane.”
Did she lie, did she really have OCD?
If not, she does sound like a kook who'd drive you insane, okay alright I get it.
20. “Her bed was covered in cuddly toys.”
I can understand this. But some quirks are actually issues or things you just hate or creep you out..I think love is more important and I think you should have worked through this. It's hard, yes..
21. “She slept in this big mound of pillows. If I was staying at her place and I fell asleep without throwing off all the pillows, I’d wake up with neck ache.”
I shared a bed with a snorer, I couldn't sleep, I have insomnia anyway, I also once woke up crying with neck pain. Did I make a rash decision? No. Why did you?
22. “She had a dog and she always smelt a little bit of him.”
She's not perfect.
23. “She told me off for answering my phone at dinner. People around us could hear her moaning at me.”
So you argued and then this ended? I want to know more.
24. “Whenever I wanted to watch a DVD at bedtime and snuggle up together, she’d either fidget or fall asleep.”
So she doesn't have the same interests or interest as you. And you find this rude. Or she was just tired or maybe she wanted sex from you right then and sometimes women don't come on to their boyfriends. I don't know her reason. Did she not listen to you when you talked?
25. “My previous ex had dumped me out of the blue. I was completely over it, but I was worried that my new girlfriend would do the same, so I finished with her first.”
You need help and you may be the cause of her needing help too one day. Bad on your part, no excuses for your behaviour even though we all make mistakes and get scared or plain terrified.
26. “She could never remember anything that happened in films we’d seen together, but she remembered every single incriminating thing I’d said during arguments.”
So she'd throw it back in your face?
Or maybe she's sensitive person?
Or maybe you said really mean stuff during the arguments?
Or the communication between you both was more important to her than a film?
27. “Her feet were always freezing in bed.”
So warm her up. Mine get cold too, a lot of women actually feel freezing on their feet compared to elsewhere and sometimes my fingers are almost ice cold. So I warm them up. No one can ever accuse me of being an ice queen, know what I mean?
28. “She accused me of snoring, so I was always too self-conscious to go to sleep when she was there.”
She should have worked though this with you but maybe she lost sleep herself? I know what that's like all too well. Still, she should have worked through this with you.
29. “She bought a pink phone.”
She is an alien, you are an asshole.
30. “She slurped her tea.”
She is human. Humans fart, burp and vomit. You should go out with an alien. You should have told the tea slurping annoys you and unlike the other human body vices can be helped with control and hard work on her side.
31. “Her mum friended me on Facebook. The only way I could get around the friend request was to dump my girlfriend.”
You have mum issues.
32. “I am chaotically messy and I lived in constant fear that she’d try to tidy up under the bed. I don’t know what’s under there, but whatever it is I didn’t want her finding it.”
Hmm..I didn't want my mum finding my porn. But your girlfriend was not your mum...
No comments:
Post a Comment