I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!
Fuck yes! Rage Against The Machine beat the latest poo to the number one spot. And I LOVE their song.
It IS raw and powerful. I pity those who listen to it who okay not everyone has the same tastes, but if you can not see why this song in particular was chosen to make a strong statement..you could be Simon Cowell..and that is disturbing.
So for the first time in years it's not a -Simon Cowell's The X Factor -Christmas.
And to all those criticising facebook's Rage Against The Machine campaign, we KNOW they are under Sony as is Cowell's latest puppet. But they're giving the money to charity. He may give his money to charity too, I'm not calling Simon Cowell evil but I'm a little concerned when one person dominates a certain world or scene so much like he tries to. It's just seems one big machine. And I along with other people do not like that and we are happy that a strong single has taken the Christmas number one spot. Yes it's not Christmassy but it makes a statement. And after all these years we needed one.
Last year I was appalled when Alexandra Burke's version of Hallelujah was number one. There was a campaign started by the same people to get Jeff Buckley's far superior version to Christmas number 1. And yes it is superior; different tastes and all but he lets the song and music speak and she just shouts. She's a good shouty singer but you must be without a soul to not hear that Buckley did a far better version. So this year we needed something that said we're not standing for this anymore. We NEEDED Rage Against The Machine.
In all its glory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuOAY-S6OY&feature=PlayList&p=CD0E016DE333E18F&index=5
No comments:
Post a Comment