Saturday, 12 December 2009

12th Dec What's wrong with white men?

So Im watching Freedom Writers. Off to bed in a bit, took this herbal med which may help me sleep. Freedom Writers- much better than the shit thats on tv but it does have cliches which i have not seen ring true- im not just talking about me, they dont ring true for other people too. But the soundtrack lends vital power to the film. Its life affirming.

But boy does Patrick Dempsey's character SUCK in that movie. Kudos for him playing what I have seen in a few white men; the wonderful characteristic of giving up. At least he's honest but like she (Hilary Swank's character) says, women support their men, wife supports husband and he says i cant be a wife to you. So you can't support your woman? You can't sit back? FUCK YOU. Seriously what is it in a man that makes him think he's so fucking important. Men cheating on their women because whine whine she didnt give me the time i needed. No she was too busy being fucking awesome and changing peoples lives. And when you men changed peoples lives, fighting wars, where were your women? THEY SUPPORTED YOU! This is not something I have seen so much in men of colour to simplify it...I have seen men in my culture work like dogs, something some white men have too much arrogance to do. So why don't they just grow a fucking back bone and stop having all these mommy! issues. A wife isnt a dummy, she's a flesh and blood individual. I hate these weaklings.

And before you say go back to where you came from then..oh i love that...I happen to live in a culture where more and more people are obviously adapting to how people who already are here live. And that includes men from my culture changing. And they have all their own lovely issues too; like basically being sexist. God, I wish I was lesbian.

No comments:

Post a Comment