




As much as I should move on from nonsense like this, I want to blog about it. I can relate is why.
So, there have been picture of Kelly Osbourne looking absolutely in my, non Maxim influenced opinion, stunning. There was a time when her looks would have been popular. She has a great face with lovely skin and pretty eyes. She is pretty, pretty, pretty. And dressed so fashionably and with something that matches her persona and in that colour, she looks stunning.
Of course there are comments that she still has a "fat person's face." Now that kind of bullshit is something I can relate to. I think my face is sort of rounder and less of a square than Kelly's but it's still a soft, cherubic face. It has planes but it's not pointy and angular as is now the fashion. Well has been for decades. But there was a time when roundness and fair skin were considered beautiful. And now it's tan, and long. It seems only absolute flawless (seriously guys are we robots here?) pale porcelain can break through that tan, long obsession. There's just no inbetween if you look at the media. Which when I read a lot of publications and surf on the net, I do look at the media. I wish I didn't because it only reminds me of the superficial section of society which one forgets a little when in the real world dealing with people who are dimensional as opposed to reading comments like a fat person's face. And amazing how so many become doctors and criticise one innocent comment of Kelly's, something like eating half an apple before going to bed and linking it to no carbs and sugar. I think what she meant to say or what she could have said and it got shortened was something which is less intense than say having a frosted wheat ceral or a snack of another variety. But sheesh!
Then there's Megan Fox. Now I think she and Kelly are both pretty but in different ways. We know about Megan's plastic surgery and hey maybe Kelly has had some in addition to her dancing way to losing weight, she lives in Hollywood doesn't she?, but why is it only one can be considered beautiful. I will never forget Hugh Hefner, yes that great philsopher's comments about Kelly. But he'd take Megan wouldn't he. Now, she's always doing something provocative in photos, I've seen her walking in casual wear and yes she has a small waist and is leggy but her nipples aren't always poking through..know what I mean..it's the slant the media puts on her. You want to move forward Megan, move forward. Looks like she's part of the competition she says she's not interested in. I noticed no one called her on that. Yet they called Kelly on her comment. I'm not saying Megan is bad but I'm afraid I can not empathise with her. In addition to being the angular little hottie, she doesn't mind being pigeonholed; actions speak, photos show.
I'll bet Kelly Osbourne has a small waist and I do too but it's as if who cares because we don't have that little hottie package. We both have small bodies and shorter limbs than the Amazons with the legs up to their ears and long fashion model arms.
I refuse to put chemicals and injections on and into myself to achieve the hair and correct my tan to the popular and fashionable kind, i,e, more brown and less pale olive. My looks and Kelly's are out of fashion but I am determined to live the life I want to live. To have glamour, to have fun and to be as much of a girl as those whom men hold doors for and give better customer service to and those whom the women sigh after so much. In the woman in me, there is that girl and I want to embrace it actually.
Plus I looked up a Varga girl and I actually think if you put Kelly in a fancy photoshoot with the lighting working with her and airbrushing to stream line and not hide, instead of a kooky one (ever noticed how some girls are made to smile more) she is more suited to that description than Megan, because they were sweet looking. I know hardly anyone will agree with me, a fact and not a complaint, and the world we live in thinks someone like Scarlett Johansson is the new Marlyn Monroe, which I'd buy more than Fox being a Varga girl. But then that's MY idea. I know how different mine can be to what others give the impression of. It's hardly a boast, because it's a solitary existence and yet I am not willing to sacrifice myself and so my instincts, me and my wants and needs will never change. Do you think the world ever will? Will people look deeper, will they even look or does having things quicker and easier mean ruin that quality? And it is a quality, it's one I look for in others; depth.
No comments:
Post a Comment