Saturday, 13 November 2010

Something that actually works.

I don't think I ever do this but I found a product that actually works for me. Totally superficial, girly post. It's the Babyliss Root Booster. It's a heat iron that has different temperatures. When I saw the advert, I liked the root boosting part (that's exactly what my hair needs) but not the crimp effect of the iron. Its the crimp however that makes your hair look fuller and if you section it, I just use bobby pins as my hair is short then you can have the crimp underneath your hair, brush overit and have the top layer of your hair look fine. Difference is your hair actually has something to it.

I'm not a hair dye kind of girl, I put a clip in my hair only when I get it done at the hairdressers otherwise I look like a little round faced kid otherwise, I don't backcomb or do anything to it, I just want healthy hair. I don't like mousse or spray because I want to run my fingers through my hair. I like it smelling fresh and because it can get coarse but it's still straight, I hesistantly put a little serum, because I don't want it to end up looking matted to my face which trust me, it does especially short hair with layers that I'm growing out, just looks like a very flat bob on straight from the shower and after a smooth brush.

So this root booster is good for girls like me. I like to have my hair dry as naturally as possible. I wash it every day, it's not damaged my hair so far, but with the root booster I can get away with the odd day of not washing it or trying what I used to do when my hair was fuller due not having it thinned out, washing it the night before.

I spent only one minute with this product today when I bought it, my hair was dry and I hope to avoid drying my hair with a round brush for five minutes, arms tired and my hair going flat again after minutes. Today, I also used my straightners which I normally use just for my fringe to get it out my face but straightners made my hair look flat..even then the root booster worked well on my even flatter than usual hair.

It lasted and I didn't have to fluff my hair up.

I do however intend to keep my hair better conditioned due to the fact I'm putting heat directly on my hair as opposed to a distance as with the hair dryer (which I will still use for some movement to my hair for a minute and the same if I need to go out the house quickly). And I won't be using hair straightners even for my fringe anymore. I use a heat defence light spritz but come on over 100 degrees on your hair, which is the minimum for these heated things, nothing can combat that unless it's heavy duty and going to make your hair turn into straw. I condition my hair every day when I wash it and like I say put some light serum on.

It's the first time that I myself have done something to my hair and had it not only work but last and I can even rely on it for extra effect on a night out which for me will mean my hair will look someone's when they've not even blow dryed it, just brushed it!

I am growing my hair out, not even look at a hairdressers until I need to (my limit is when I resemble Worzel Gummage) and so a root booster is going to be helpful with my layers becoming longer and more blended in and a little limp. It will be interesting to see if how consistent it is as hair behaves differently each day.

I look forward to seeing my hair grow. It represents something to me. Even when my hair is long, I want it long, then I will have it looking as natural as possible, I don't like the processed looks, it may be exciting to some people but I'm more about the natural side and that's also partly why I am growing my hair out. I just need a little boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment