I can relate to her post in the sense I used to think it's unfair, just how strong do I have to be, what have I done to deserve this? It IS unfair, some things in fact are just total bollocks and I haven't done ANYTHING to deserve this..but I HAVE to be VERY strong.
I don't know what the purpose of life is. If it's some test to let you into Heaven, I believe in God and heaven and hell to an extent but regardless of my beliefs, I know that I just have to be strong. Pure and simple, I just have to. Otherwise, I will fall and I will hurt myself. The harshness that comes from people won't hurt them as much as it will hurt me.
No matter how unfair it is, no matter that it's more serious than fun, I like myself enough to know I'm worth the fight. I don't like fighting, I don't like the idea of enemies, but the ideal situation of getting along and not pissing off strangers is not happening and hasn't been since I was at school.
I've realised my worth doesn't get taken away from someone's laughter or mockery of me, because I don't give myself away to them. I used to think that meant isolation but now I can go out and go on about my buisness and still make fun for myself. I am completely independant and getting stronger because this is how I will survive. I also have given myself to someone and I know that I can do that, know how to love.
I intend to survive for a very long time, the only thing that will bring me down is something that I can not control. As for controlling others, you can't. A woman who was trying to survive bullying was told that other people's opinions are theirs, you can't take that from them. To me, it's all about how you process it and the way I process it is they clearly have a lot of growing up and evolving to do. They're far from intimidating when you think about it, I already knew they were stupid even the ones who have some sort of education.
No comments:
Post a Comment