I have done days where I don't shower till late afternoon and just do chores around the house and stay in my pajamas reading ebooks and all that. I found that it's not good for me to do that. I need to have something to do everyday. Boredom is horrible. Sometimes I don't feel like reading an ebook and I need to go outside just for a walk. Whilst I don't particularly enjoy walking where people are smoking and crossing roads and being around cars, I don't have a big park nearby so it's the only option for me.
Well, tomorrow I could easily spend it indoors but I intend to get ready like I would be if I had to go outside, wear clothes and put my make up on. The thing that I got bored with was my make up. I don't wear much, just the base, blush, eye, lipstick and then make sure my hair is dry. I'm a basics kind of girl. I'd like to have the dramatic look sometime but I need a professional to show me how to do it. Online tutorials are no good.
I started to look through my makeup thinking, here I am putting on foundation and blusher, I need some blush as I just look dead without it and I like to be able to look presentable..I started wondering that even though I have a skin care regimen which I follow every day, do I really need this foundation? My mum has some tinted moisturiser which I used to use in my early twenties. I wear only a very thin layer of foundation but I like my skin to feel and be bare and free. So I put a few spots on tinted moisturiser along with regular moisturiser, no blusher just the heat from the shower barely registering on my face, I put on some lipstick and went out.
I didn't look glamourous but I felt free. Maybe I just need a change and maybe I'll go back to my makeup but I've always had this need for simplicity. So my skin is a little pale, that's my natural tone.
Last time I did this, I ended up getting impetigo from something that I picked, true story! And then when it was over, I just wanted to look pretty again so I went back to my make up. But, I ditched all my make up the week before my impetigo when I should have kept say a lipstick and tinted moisturiser. Just a little pick me up and not to be too drastic. I do still like to look pretty afterall.
I also started to look at my hair in a way that was about the health first and foremost. I didn't use my round brush today and just used my normal brush and a cool, far away blow dry, not brushing my hair too much. I did use the root booster for two seconds though and found that I can use it without frizz!
I like showering every day, I love the freshness, I feel so clean! And then the moisturising and smell that I get afterwards is gorgeous, it's a treat for me every day so if I gave that up, I would crave it but in the same way I need to wash my hair every day and the stripping of natural oils thing is not appealing even if I'm conditioning my hair everyday. I've ordered a olive oil hair treament which will be an added bonus every week.
It's not easy to keep things as natural as possible when you're surrounded by trends and fashion. If you don't look like you have made an effort to other people, then it would seem you haven't but I'm just tired of excess, fakery and I don't need it everyday. I like colours but I don't use my face so creatively, I like to use my imgination for other things and keep things simple. It comes down to having the confidence to express yourself in the way you want.
No comments:
Post a Comment