Sunday, 21 November 2010

Don't like this time of year.


Yes, big breath, I can say it, Christmas. Well nearing Christmas. I just want it to BE Christmas and then New Year and then it's over with.

Something has happened this time of year in the past but to be honest that's an addition to the ominous feel I get when it's dark at 4pm.

I like the change of seasons, from Summer to Autumn but when it comes to November,the atmosphere is shop, shop, shop, CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS.

Then there's the music. I always feel like I'm in one of those shitty made for tv movies whenever I'm in a mall or store this time of year.

There is something magical about seeing snow and having pretty lights up and I fully believe in presents, cards and enjoying festivity, I know it can get a bit much and gaudy but it's nice.

I wish I was abroad. Not in America but somewhere East. I know specifically which place. India. Goa. It's got this massive beach and the weather is sultry so the nights take on a special feel. I like the cold too, I like having red cheeks, in my dreams, from the cold. I wish I was in Goa though this time of year.

I do appreciate the very good things happening to me and that makes this time of year less ominous feeling, with that music to make you feel as though you did something wrong, even before I got chance to do that when I was 5, I still didn't like the music!

p.s. Just spotted a new follower of this blog. Hello!!

No comments:

Post a Comment