Sunday, 31 October 2010

I figured that I may as well try and do something about it.

I know websites allow people to hide behind their computer and have a viscious little vent at others, others who have money and fame and sometimes these people are jealous and sometimes they're not, eitherway I think they shouldn't have the freedom to post their attacks.

I tried to post my comments on this website. What do you know, they only accept some comments. And can you guess what comments they accept..

So I thought as little as it is, why not actually do something, the only thing I know to do right now. I set up a group. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_120350204690743

Have a good Sunday and be the best you can be, afterall it's too easy to be an arsehole as some have proven only too well.

There's a lot bigger things going on the world and this gives me no sense of self importance. I am proactive. I can't sit back. I just thought bloody hell three years of gobshite;

Ban comments on Mail Online in particular FeMail section (I know, I know)

It's not just this website that has viscious comments from readers. I've just been following this one more closely that others. Of course Daily Mail online seems to put through the majority of comments that are an attack on someone. I go on this website because it's in my country, I'm interested in the superficial side- what people are wearing and it's chill time for me. However, I always come away appalled at the comments. The bitchiness is not just the odd comment, it extends to bullying and I know some people use that word just like that but in my opinion posting a comment "she will always look vile" and this is the tone set for most comments features on this website is a viscious vent from the reader. Why post this? Why not have another outlet? No you are not merely just giving your opinion. You're attacking someone. It's clearly good for you to attack someone so far away right, someone from a different world to you, they have money, they have fame ..but it's better that you can just go on to a website, hide behind your screen and say something viscious, because that way you don't have to look someone in the eye and say something, like a coward. To me this is bullying. And I don't think bullies should have all freedoms including being able to post online. It took me less than 2 minuts to set up the group so I don't have "too much time on my hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment