It seems there's a lot of justification going. Defending oneself. I got thinking yesterday big time about abortion and religion, the two seperated. I feel sometimes people think they are disciple of someone or they think they are really special, like they are here on Earth for a reason other than to live. I myself have never followed a religion but I don't actively disbelieve in any religion. I don't agree with a few things I have heard quoted to me but that doesn't mean I think that particular religion is "bullshit." However, I do have a problem with a religion that is going to have quotes about homosexuality, when it likens it to a crime, or when it calls it wrong, I have a big problem in calling things wrong and people following that. I absolutely disrespect that..but I believe you can worship a God in your religion and not believe in everything which is there in the text in your religion, it's perhaps controversial to do so because some would accuse you of not really being a believer or a follower of that religion because you haven't immersed yourself into it fully.
I used watch a series called Mahabharat and I can take away a lot of things from that without being immersed in the Hindu religion. Both my parents are Hindu but I know if I said to them, I love my religion they would be proud that I "got it." I'm coming to find that don't agree with A religion period. I believe in God but I'm hazy on what that God might be..I have no desire to find out even what that God is.
I believe I'm lucky to be alive, lucky to live but I also have come to believe life is not a gift. I think giving birth is kind of a miracle when you think about it and some part of me even believes it's God's will, yes I don't know why but I would thank God, but life..I really think of it as a process. I don't fully believe in fate, I believe in it to an extent but I will never follow the fate intended for me. I will always do what I want.
And when someone says you're selfish, I come back to my first paragraph. Like they are someone's disciple and they are special- and I want to say have you ever thought about the other views about why we are here on Earth, one of them just purely science? I abhor the idea that your belief is the only belief. There's a quote, I can't remember it and it's been BUGGING me, it's a little similar to marching to the beat of your own drums but also that that beat is the only beat that exists. I HATE that. And I hate hypocrites. I'm not even going to be diplomatic about it, I think that rebels, which people who march to their own drum and say they hate labels are very keen to label themselves as, are pompous arses who just want attention.
Then there's abortion. In fact it comes down to birth. Birth is a gift to some. I agree having a baby is a special time and mothers are to be respected, are you kidding me, they go through so much, I have so much respect for them. However, this idea that a woman is a not a woman until she gives birth or even that a man doesn't become a man till he has a child and in some cases a son, that I class as bullshit. As if we have to prove ourselves. Childbirth is not some test or gateway to heaven in my opinion. So, if a woman wants to make the choice to abort, I think saying you a pro choice and then turning your nose up by saying that you would never want any loved one or anyone in your family to abort is a hypocritical mess. I'm a human, I will act like one, if abortion makes me selfish, if you think I am doing it for my own convenience, then you think that and I will go ahead and call you a deluded faux disciple. I'm not beating around the bush here. Sometimes a woman will be disowned if she has a child, thrown out and living a poverty and sometimes a woman wants to go further in certain aspects of her life and does not want a child yet. I know that there are signs of humanity in the not yet child she is choosing to abort, it's almost a life and according to some arguments, it is a life. But what has always baffled me is calling it a murder. Let's move past black and white, dictionary definitions. I hate the pro sensationalist, ready to jump on the It's Wrong bandwagon, I liken them to sheep.
No comments:
Post a Comment