I'll continue my bashing of them here. A particular breed of ncc is the oh yeah I think that's shit too, quick to jump on a bandwagon which is anti.
I read that Damon Albarn of Gorillaz fame said he's not a fan of Glee going on to say that it takes the place of of artists who ARE credible. Albarn is just speaking his opionion. He's in the music biz, I'm not and I can imagine he's right. Glee isn't just a show, it's produced by Fox and Fox is a big money making company. But I've seen Glee and it's about people who CAN sing, very well, whatever you think of Lea Michele's singing style, she has got one powerful voice and is a good role model for those who still like to pronounce words properly! Although, the way Fox are selling dvds and cds is total money making manipulation, it's a buisness that's only interested in the cash, like that behind Twilight. I love Glee. I rather like Twilight too. But I'm not going to fall into the scams. And I feel sorry for young people who don't have money of their own or are just having to use their pocket or newspaper round money. You produce a show or a movie primarily targetted at young people, have a soul and consider they don't have nearly half as much money as your average adult even those with families and debts.
Still, the ncc's out there mostly ready with their opinion and own crappy life on MSN and Daily Mail, will swoop in with the yeah yeah Glee is not the Beatles and it's a shame they're going to be as successful because Beatles had talent and Glee is does not. First. the Beatles were a CLASSIC band and that's why their songs are being covered by Glee with Paul MCCartney's blessing no less, yeah maybe he wants the money too (I know he must be mega rich but perhaps he has debts to pay) but why can't Kevin McHale be a Beatles fan or a young teenager have influences which aren't JUST *said with pompous voice* "credible musicians"? It's like only certain people are allowed! I know some of this arrogance and ego is all rock and roll but it goes against the non conformity these ncc go on about. And the Beatles also made money, they weren't puppets but there was still a company ready to make something from the formula of 4 reasonably good looking young men who could sing and have a cool image for the time.
Then there's Michael Parkinson whose views in particular his interviews with women never cease to amaze me in the worst possible way. No doubt he's a sexist man and a prude. But of course if he wants to sell whatever he is selling, people will buy it because of his name and his work ethic and his talent. The way the "journalists" are, they will ask provocative questions but shallow ones. What do you think of Russel Brand? Parky said that he didn't see the point in him and thought he was unfunny. Fair enough. It's his opinion. However, again we have the ncc's with their comments on how if you find Russell Brand funny you don't have a sense of humour! Such snobbery! Oh I'm sorry we're only supposed to find certain people funny. Look, I think Brand and Ross were pathetic regarding "Sachsgate" ( we have people starving, dying fighting, floods and hurricanes and yet we still have this making the news to the extent it did)..but I laugh as much when I watch Brand doing his shows as when I did Robin Williams, Joan Rivers, Paul Merton, Al Murray and Ben Elton. I have been a fan of Brand's since that dumb big brother's little brother, which I watched because first his hair took my interest quite frankly and then I could not stop laughing at his comedy and tuned in just for him!
Life is so much better when you're not snarling down at those "below you."
Right on!!! I agree with what you said! And I love love love your new background!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! This background is called travel, so I was hesitant about using it to on a blog where I simply just speak my mind, its not like it's Eat Pray Love, !, but I'll keep it now it's working!
ReplyDelete