


Dear Society and Media,
Your world of airbrushed bullshit has extended to books where a woman's flaws are termed loveable. Who gave you that power to dictate to us how we should look? She has a plump thigh but that's okay because the hero loves it! Is this supposed to be a philosophy? !
Do not lump women in one category. That you are just tapping into people's believes and giving them what they want. You are tapping into insecurity, uncertainty and years of negativity. Never in my life have I looked at a model and said I want to be her. Do not dare to assume that all women look up to models. I think they're awful pretty on the catwalk, but I also believe I am awful pretty in real life which is not a catwalk and I could be awful pretty on a catwalk if I wasn't put in a box and lumped under the real woman category. It's not a competition, beauty comes in different forms regardless of those who call me delusional think.
I don't for a second believe models are immortal or Goddesses, they do their job well and look stunning but I was born with a belief beauty doesn't just fit one category. Even when I bought a magazine, my belief was unshaken. The only time I've been hurt by media and society is when you impress people so much they pick on you for not meeting their ideals. I was tormented visciously for this reason.
The picture with the notes above is to create a point; the company Debenhams wanted to expose airbrushing and the process of it. So my repulsion, anger and sadness is not for them, it's for you society and media who actually looks at a woman and says okay take this off her arm. MY GOD! Excuse me for mentioning this phrase in the same paragraph, but that is EVIL. Satanic evil. WHAT are you playing at?! And have you seen what's done to her thighs?! "It happens all the time." Okay, well please continue in making this happen!
I do not know what to say to young people. That it takes decades before they can accept themnselves? What are you trying to pull?!
Never yours.
No comments:
Post a Comment