Thursday, 10 June 2010

Glee.

I am so lucky that I get to listen to music. When I drive to work, that's my favourite time. When I drive home from work, well it doesn't get much better than that. I have music in my car. I don't need it to pick me up, because it's always in my mind when I wake up. I'll have a different song each day. Then, I'll have twenty different songs.

Glee has made me LOVE music.

I love characters, I love the fact we have these different sides to us, and small things, quirks, whatvever you want to call them and strengths, the things that surprise other people or lead us to survive and conquer, I love all of this. And so it was inevitable I would fall in love with Glee. It's after all to me, about underdogs. And I love the characters. They are so adorably endearing and unfashionably so. And I've always hated fashion. What's cool, what's hot right now, fills me with dread. People like me don't find it easy to belong anywhere and that's because of others and ourselves. Glee helps me belong. Not to Glee club. Or to the show per se. But i belong to me and that's a big cliche but it's so important to finally say, you know what, I'll never be who you want me to be, and I'll always be undermined in some way, but I actually don't care. Somehow, this programme has really instilled that in me. That, I'm losing my self conscious in exciting ways and that I've never felt like this before. It's not a high, it's a transformation. I can't believe it. And, I'll say this proudly, Glee is in my heart and I am in love with it and my playlists, my drives, my cd's are thanks to Glee, it's not about what they cover, it's the way they are into music themselves, they've yet to cover half my playlist and whereas I used to get into the songs, now I feel them in my body.

I will miss Glee when it takes a break but it's only a break. And there's always the tour and the dvds and cd's. I'll buy it all, I don't agree with people making money to the extent they do out of merchandise but I know money is important to keep all kinds of wicked awesome going so I'll contribute and that's not much compared to the glee that I get from Glee. I am in love with that word by the way.. and I would love to see a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment