Friday, 25 June 2010

So I switch on the tv and I see Michael Jackson tributes..

paid in the best possible way. His music. I heard his lesser known songs, to me they were, and saw the vids, Leave Me Alone and Dirty Diana. By the way, I'm not going to take the presenter David Guest's word on anything or the producers, any producers, but if that song was written about the late Princess Di (and no I don't wish I had a wedding dress like hers and no I did not and do not idolise what I thought was a misunderstood, sensitive woman trying to live her life but also catching the spotlight), then I think she of all people would have appreciated the song. I think she had a good sense of humour.

Today, it's a year on since Michael Jackson passed away. His music, his dancing, his performance, his charisma, that pleasure he got on stage, just watch his face he can't stop smiling, that I idolise.

We will never know what happened in his private life. When I watch him, I don't even think about that but I mention it because the fact is, it could have been true, the rumours could have been true and Michael Jackson is a God on stage but that's all I can know. It is hurtful when you hear things about certain people. And it's not great to see articles, no not in the Daily Mail, I already know what those goons have to say, but one apparently neutral coming off cold, entitled "Better off Dead?" Oh please, I know you want to lose the question mark, you cynical idiot.

And no it's not the Elvis effect as said in article. Yes, Michael is a legend and his music will go on and on and on, and regardles of the cynical money making stuff, it's because people WANT to buy it and they want to hold on to a piece of Michael Jackson. I'm sad that he went regardless of his private life, health and the goons and morons that are the media, he can't be compared to Elvis, Michael was HOUNDED by the press. There was no justification in that because they were making it into a circus.

RIP, a very much missed person.

2 comments:

  1. Well said!!!

    I always heard "Dirty Diana" was about Diana Ross, he was obsessed with her and really loved and idolized her. But I don't really know for sure who it was about, if anyone really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't get over how happy he looked on the stage. A true perfomer, I love his presence so MUCH.

    Ah, see now THAT makes sense and I think that is probably the more truer rumour!

    ReplyDelete