I was just pissed off with this movie. I've been wanting to see it for some time, I liked the trailer, I thought Matthew Goode's character the lead Oirish male was funny and Amy Adams character annoying as hell. I invested an hour of my time watching mediocre at best crap. I've seen this movie before, I've seen it in other movies and even Laws of Attraction (yes the not much known Pierce Brosnan Julianne Moore shit) and I never thought I'd be thinking do you know Monster in Law was actually alright.
I liked the two leads performance, I have really liked Amy Adams since Junebug, yeah I'm a movie swat I have no shame I will name drop like a pretentious bee and Matthew Goode has an easy but classy quality I like, like a fine wine.
WHICH MOTHER FUCKER WROTE THE SCRIPT FOR LEAP YEAR?! I loved the premise of the movie. Losing control, what are your NEEDS in life? Adams's character wants to make the most of herself. She flies to Ireland to propose to her one dimensional boyfriend. She spends three quarters of the movie trying to get to him. And Goode's character is helping her. And falling in love with her. Well we could tell from the trailer, but I wanted to see their journey. I was also interested in his past too. I'm making it sound deep and human but any things of romance, love, CHARGE, was let down by the script which was DIRE and STUPID series of events like that pub brawl when he 's rescuing her (God just leave it at the rescue, that was quite gorgeous).
One thing I can say about the movie is the kiss in the middle of the movie was alright. But again, that's the two leads.I could literally imagine him being soft and firm with her at that moment and clearly actors who knows their screen kisses can convey that without making silly noises.
The Irish land is of course gorgeous and the movie portrays Irish people as peasants. Let's not beat around the bush.
Arnand Tucker directed this and he did Shopgirl, Hilary and Jackie and When Did You Last See Your Father. Movies that have soul.
I'm going to have to leave it at this and not put a picture up for this movie because it does not deserve one in my opinion. One bloody star because I liked it in the movie when he called her idea "poo." Alright one extra star for her shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment